Role: Tour Organiser
Based in: Hertfordshire
Start Date: August-September 2019
BTM Basketball is a UK ATOL licensed sports tour operator that offers international tours and runs international tournaments for UK, European and US schools, clubs and other basketball organisations. We organise and deliver basketball tours and tournaments that excite and inspire players, and create memories that last a lifetime.
You will work with top UK, European and US clubs and National Governing Bodies in locations such as London, Madrid, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Paris, Porto, the Netherlands, Boston and San Francisco.
This role will suit a passionate and committed individual with experience in basketball, sports tours or events who wants to be part of a team that delivers outstanding touring experiences across the globe.
Your primary role is to plan, organise, administer and deliver outstanding basketball tours for our customers. In your role you will be supported by the Operations Director during your initial training period and thereafter as required.
• Setup tours on our myBTM system and establish contact with all the tour participants
• Collect tour participant information and tour payments from tour participants
• Send emails to parents with updates on information collection, payments, itinerary and other tour communication
• Produce tour management documents such as parent information brochures, coaching guides, risk assessments and rep notes
• Deal with ad hoc parental queries by email and phone
• Develop positive customer relations in handling customer communications
• Build exciting itineraries for customers in different locations
• Organise and book supporting activities (excursions, watching games, sightseeing, shopping, eating, etc)
• Support and then handle booking of flights, hotels and basketball activities
• Manage groups on tour in Europe and the US.
• Tour expense management
• Attend events on BTM’s behalf
• Assist in assessing new locations
• Interact with basketball community to increase BTM brand awareness
• Content gathering for social media and marketing
• If this is of interest we can help facilitate apprenticeship in travel consultancy or event organisation
• Good written English
• Good phone manner
• Good organisation
• Familiar with word processing and spreadsheet programs
• Ideally with a driver’s licence
• Salary dependent on experience
• Flexible working hours
If you are interested in this role please email your CV with a covering letter explaining what you can bring to the BTM team to [email protected]